Το Ευρωπαϊκό Ταμείο Επενδύσεων ανακοινώνει προσλήψεις δικηγόρων για τη Νομική του Υπηρεσία – Διεύθυνση Εταιρικών και Θεσμικών Υποθέσεων, στην έδρα του στο Λουξεμβούργο, για το Δίκαιο της ΕΕ και Εταιρικά Θέματα
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων έως 31 Ιουλίου 2017
Το κείμενο της προκήρυξης στα Αγγλικά:
The European Investment Fund (EIF), is seeking to recruit for its Legal Service (LS) – Corporate and Institutional Affairs Division, at its headquarters inLuxembourg,
Lawyer(s) for EU Law and Corporate Matters
This is a generic campaign in view of current and future vacancies.
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The Corporate and Institutional Affairs Division within the Legal Service (LS – CIA) provides analysis and legal advice on matters relating to the legal needs of EIF, such as applicable laws and regulations, implementation of mandates, inter-institutional relations and the external vehicles developed and administrated by EIF. The successful candidate will assist the Head of Division and Deputy Head of the Legal Service, together with other officers of the team, in providing legal support to the other EIF directorates on matters of mutual interest always in accordance with the priorities established by the EIF Secretary General.
The Lawyer reports to the Head of Division and Deputy Head of the Legal Service, who in turn reports to the Secretary General and Head of the Legal Service. Under the supervision of the Head of Division and senior lawyers, s/he will coordinate her/his actions with the other divisions in Legal Service and relevant services of EIF and EIB.
The Lawyer will carry out work relating to all tasks within the Division’s remit, in particular EU law, corporate and institutional matters. Without prejudice of carrying out legal work in relation with any ad-hoc tasks of the Division and the Legal Service, s/he will in particular be requested to:
- Advise on general regulatory frameworks applicable to EIF and/or its activities, including in the areas of EU policies (e.g. State aid, banking supervision, taxation), implementation of the EU budget, e.g. Financial Regulation 966/2012, general mandates financed via European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF);
- Analyse regulatory provisions and state aid requirements in connection to ESIF, in particular, in the Common Provisions Regulation (1303/2013). Advise on the regulatory side of financial instruments implemented with resources from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD Regulation 1305/2013);
- Research, monitor and analyse EU regulatory matters and draft presentations in furtherance of EIF’s positioning as against the EIB, EU institutions, national governments and legislative bodies or other key policy-drivers in Europe;
- Participate in, and advise on the negotiation and drafting of contracts and other legal documentation, whether when EIF acts on its own resources or under mandate(s) (including negotiations with the EIB, the European Commission and EU Member States) or for its own account as an EU body;
- Advise on the application and interpretation of EIF’s internal governance framework, including the EIF Statutes and Rules of Procedure, and other internal policies and procedures as well as on the implementation of EIF of best governance practices;
- Actively establish relationships and represent the Division in internal working groups and in relation to external counterparts, which may include third party mandators, external law firms, etc.;
- Undertake research and prepare memoranda on legal problems arising in connection with the EIF’s operations in particular with respect to existing or developing regulatory frameworks relevant to EIF’s action.
- University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in the law of one of the EU Member States. Knowledge of both Common Law and one of the Civil Law systems would be an advantage;
- At least 3 years of relevant post-qualification professional experience, preferably in the field of corporate law, commercial law and/or EU law (regulatory, CJEU procedures, competition law – in particular State aid);
- Experience of conducting legal negotiations and drafting agreements on relevant legal matters;
- Experience in working in an international law firm and/or with a European Union institution would be an advantage;
- Experience in the implementation of financial instruments under ESIF would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Good command of French and/or other EU languages would be an asset;
- Knowledge of standard office tools.
- Ability to analyse, summarise and manage complex files under the supervision of senior colleagues;
- Ability to develop innovative legal solutions and provide sound legal judgement;
- Ability to draft documents promptly;
- Team player;
- Sense of initiative/ pro-active approach;
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Ability to argue convincingly and achieve a consensus among colleagues and third parties;
- Well-organised, with the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines;
Deadline for applications: 31st July 2017
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.